• Judith Kaplan

How do I obtain my Massachusetts marriage certificate?

Updated: Jul 17, 2018

There are several documents you will need in order to file a no-fault divorce in Massachusetts. A certified copy of your marriage certificate is required for filing a Joint Petition for Divorce or a Complaint for Divorce in Massachusetts - both no-fault divorce


You can obtain your marriage certificate from the town hall of the town/city you were married or resided in at the time of your marriage. See the link below for more information. It will have a raised seal. There will be a small fee. Your church certificate will not be accepted by the Massachusetts Probate and Family Court.


The Law Office of Judith R. Kaplan

Norwell Executive Center

167 Washintgon Street

Norwell, MA  02061


Tel: 781-923-1680

Fax: 781-923-1681​

Also available to meet clients at:

25 Braintree Hill Office Park, Suite 200

Braintree, MA  02184 

500 Victory Road, Suite 400

Marina Bay

Quincy, MA  02171

  • Facebook - White Circle
  • LinkedIn - White Circle
  • Twitter - White Circle
Contact Judy Kaplan

Privacy Policy and Disclaimers regarding use of and all of its site pages are available here.  By accessing and/or interacting with this site, you agree to the collection and use of your information in accordance with this Privacy Policy.

Disclaimer: Access to and use of this website, including receipt of materials posted on it and communicating through it with Attorney Kaplan, does not create or constitute an attorney-client or divorce mediator-client relationship. You understand and acknowledge the same when you contact Attorney Kaplan through this website. DO NOT send or share confidential and sensitive information through this website.  

© 2020 by Judith R. Kaplan. All rights reserved. General information about Massachusetts divorce mediation and divorce is provided on this website and should not be construed as legal advice or legal opinion in conjunction with any particular sets of facts.